Raspberry Pi for Beginners
24 August 2013, 12:00 - 18:00
WORKSHOP GIVEN BY ARTHUR HEIST
The workshop will be divided into 2 main parts:
1 - Linux commands survival kit: Recent Development on Raspberry Pi makes installation easier. However, RPi are based on Linux OS, so participants will do it the hard way and install their RPi from scratch. We will also cover some useful tips while dealing with Linux in order to be able to troubleshoot on your own.
2 - Small project based on RPi:
(we will not have the time to do all projects proposed, but based on feedback, we could complete one of these, so, PLEASE VOTE):
- P1 - Web-based automation: example ->openhomeautomation.net/control-a-relay-from-anywhere-using-the-raspberry-pi
- P2 - Pirate Box: example ->linuxjournal.com/content/piratebox
- P3 - Home Media Center: example ->techradar.com/news/digital-home/media-servers/how-to-build-the-bestraspberry-pi-media-server-1163133
- P4 - Web Server: example ->raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2013/06/how-to-setup-a-web-server-on-your-raspberrypi
- P5 - Tor Router: example ->learn.adafruit.com/onion-pi/overview
- P6 - Retro Video Game Emulation: example ->lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192
OR any other project you want to try that gets majority votes! Reply before Monday August 19th.
When registering for the workshop, please choose 2 projects (Major 2 points/Minor 1 point) you would like to complete + what you will bring (ex: Nothing / SD / SD+PI).
Please contact email@example.com to reserve your spot and for extra info prior to workshop.