Job offer - Communications Coordinator
As part of The Digital Skills for Youth program, coordinated by Communautique, Eastern Bloc is seeking to fill a position.
Job offer: Communications Coordinator
Application deadline: July 13, 2021 at noon
Interviews: July 15, 2021
Start date: July 19, 2021
Status : Paid internship (Contract-to-permanent position)
Approximate contract length: 35 weeks
Schedule: Flexible, 30 hrs/week
Eastern Bloc is an artists-run center that explores and pushes the creative boundaries situated at the intersection of art, technology, and science, as well as all other emerging digital practices. Eastern Bloc promotes audience participation, technological democratization, and the utilization of urban space via public intervention projects. Innovative in its nature, Eastern Bloc, through emerging artistic and technological practices, continues to advance a critical stance with regards to these many evolutions.
Under the supervision of the General Director and the Artistic Director, the position's main responsibilities will be to manage the organization's communications and digital platforms. The candidate will be responsible for the creation and implementation of promotional materials, projects, and initiatives related to the digital presence of the center, its outreach, and its positioning with target audiences and various partners.
- Share and promote the center's activities on social networks and to targeted audiences.
- Manage the collection of information from artists, collaborators and team members.
- Create promotional tools in digital and paper format (graphic design, writing, feedback).
- Write and disseminate newsletters and press releases (FR / EN).
- Draft press releases related to Eastern Bloc programming.
- Ongoing maintainence and use of mailing lists via MailChimp.
- Assist with membership management and payment systems.
- Manage bookings, as well as the calendar of workshops and events.
- Assist in the documentation of activities (photographic and video), follow-up with contractors(photographer, videographers, journalists and partners) and archiving of all multimedia content.
- Regularly update the website and a communications calendar.
- Management of calls for submissions, including the creation and drafting of digital forms.
- Monitoring social media specific communication tactics and strategies (convenient time to post, regularity, hashtags, graphic consistency etc.).
- Maintain public engagement on social media (respond and engage with public and member’s interactions).
- Oversee and produce all communications materials relevant to the organization's activities and services.
- Training in communications / graphic design or any other combination of relevant experience
- Experience in communications and promotion in an non-profit or cultural organization (an asset)
- Ability to produce a variety of still and animated images
- Experience in managing social networks (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Knowledge of Adobe, Mailchimp, Facebook Manager and Google Suite
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken French and English
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight timelines
- Interest in the digital and experimental arts community
- Experience in photography and videography (an asset)
- At ease in a digital environment and teleworking.
- Good autonomy and initiative.
The intern must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the beginning of the internship
- Have completed post-secondary education
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Not be receiving Employment Insurance benefits and leave benefits during the internship
- Self-identify as underemployed, i.e. employed below their educational level or employed part-time
- Not have previously completed Digital Skills for Youth internship.
- The internship will take place on a remote basis until the opening of the organization's new offices in Montreal in fall 2021 (flexible)
- The internship will include a series of training sessions coordinated by Communautique.
- The internship cannot be done as part of a study program.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter (including confirmation that you have read the eligibility criteria and are eligible for the position)
Send the complete application as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 13, 2021 at noon